Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review #2

     Peer Review is important for revision work because it allows for the authors of the works to have an idea to how an audience will react going in with as much information as the author may have started off with as well; not only that but a peer review does not feel as definite and sentencing as a review by a mentor.

    I reviewed two peers works, the first was Missy Webb's QRG, which I went over in this rubric, and the other was Nicolas Herard's podcast rough draft, which I graded with this rubric.

Learning Experience
     I learned from my observance of others project and QRG that I had missed some points that would most likely be best to be added into the writing. Looking at other work gave me some inspiration on what I could do to formulate the absolute best work I could do.

Grundy, Rich. "Day 4 - 4th Feb - Revision is fun!"
02/04/2011 via Flickr. Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic

Got Some Issues to Deal With
      The top problem with my QRG so far is that it is extremely under described, both setting and people within my narrative are not given as many characteristics as much as they should have to ignite the senses. To fix this problem I need to just write more into the QRG and format it so that I can introduce all the stakeholders and setting in an applicable way.
      Another problem with my QRG at this point is that the conclusion of it is not quite concluding; I'm unsure how to wrap up the controversy and need to figure out how I should approach that.
        The third problem I've noticed within my QRG is that it might be too short for the conventions of the QRG; while I have all the information it may be too compacted, but this should be fixed as I add in more details and a better conclusion.

But Still Standing Strong
     I think a strong point with my QRG so far is that it explains the controversy well and has all the relevant information it may need to get the information across to the audience effectively. To build on this and make it stronger I would need to make sure that everything connects and makes sense.
      Another good aspect of my QRG is that I've fit the conventions well for including quotes and bullet-ed lists that set apart from the rest of the work but truly just add to it and do not detract from the overall form.
      I think I have efficiently included graphics that accent not only the conventions of the QRG but also provide sufficient information to the audience for things that are hard to explain with just words.

No comments:

Post a Comment