Saturday, February 20, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

      It is important when using pronouns to use them properly and not excessively. Wouldn't want to confuse the readers.

Effective?
      Within my QRG I think that my use of pronouns is very effective; there are not too many pronouns as too confuse the reader over who or what the subject of that pronoun is. Reviewing my writing for pronouns actually surprises me because I use a lot less pronouns then I had thought I would. My writing style is direct enough that it is unlikely that the subject will be forgotten quickly.

Matt. "32/52 Connection" 08/23/2013 via Flickr.
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic

Break the 4th Wall?
       As it was drilled in me that it was informal to directly address the audience, though informality is relative, I rarely do it within my writing; I do not think this takes away from the ability to relate between me as the author and the readers of my work. There is still a sense of connection because I am telling them exactly what is happening and it does not feel as detached say as a scientific paper. I do find this space however fits the topic of the QRG best because it is not a situation very heavily influenced by say emotion or particular senses, more it is a thought provoker.

No comments:

Post a Comment