Saturday, February 27, 2016

My Interviewees on Social Media

     As the world has progressed over the years there has been a large movement towards the internet and social media, even in academia. To get to know my interviewees a bit more personally I decided to see how much they were on the social media areas.

What Are the Networks?
   (I a unable to check Instagram or wordpress due to not having a profile)
      So far I've been able to find Anna Dornahus for sure on Facebook, LinkedIn, she is mentioned a lot on Twitter even though she does not seem to have a profile, and not only does she have lecture videos uploaded by other on YouTube, she has a profile there as well.
     Alan Nighorn on the other hand is very difficult to find on any media. I may have found him on Facebook but there are no distinguishing features.

mkhmarketing, "The Art of Social Media" 07/31/2011 via Flickr.
Attribution 2.0 Generic

How Active Are They?
      Anna Dornhaus is relatively active on social media, however most of the posts I have seen by her revolve around her work with her social insects. Her YouTube channel only is comprised of a couple or filmed ant observation videos. And her Facebook is not open to the public.

      Dr. Nighorn has seemingly no presence on social media and so it is hard to judge his attitude or even his interests when he seems shrouded in anonymity. 


Different Personas?
      Truly I can not detect different personas from their academic writing or their attitudes outside of academics.

No comments:

Post a Comment